If you are looking for an excellent alternative to central heating and air conditioning, you should consider going with a ductless mini-split system. Because these systems do not rely on ductwork, they are compatible with a range of properties, including houses and apartments. And with advances in technology, today’s ductless mini-splits provide more heating and cooling power than ever before, so you can enjoy the same relief you would get with a traditional HVAC system without any of the typical downsides.
Service Today! is proud to offer installation for the best ductless mini-split systems on the market, and can provide additional repairs and maintenance to ensure your equipment runs at peak efficiency for years to come. Keep reading to learn more about why you may want to install a ductless mini-split, and remember that you can trust our HVAC experts at Service Today! for all your heating and cooling needs.
The Top FiveBenefits of Installing a Ductless Mini Split System:
- Customization: Ductless mini-splits can be installed in any room, so you can customize comfort levels across your home. Unlike with central air, ductless mini-split systems are ideal for HVAC zoning, because they allow you to heat/cool a space depending on its needs. This means everyone in your home can enjoy the temperatures that are right for them, without having to crank up the AC or heat and waste a lot of energy—which in turn brings us to…
- Cost: While ductless mini-splits are not cheap to install, they are more energy-efficient than the average air conditioner/heater. Because they are designed to provide the exact level of heating and cooling power you need, your utility bills will not be as high, which means you can save a ton of money on energy costs over time!
- Convenience: To reiterate, you can put the indoor components of your ductless mini-split anywhere—any house, any apartment, any space. If you are adding on to your property or doing a remodel, you may find it cost-efficient to put in a new ductless mini-split even if your home already has air ducts. Moreover, it does not take a lot of time to install a ductless mini-split system. In fact, the only option that would be faster to install is probably a window unit, and this will not give you nearly as much relief. And with features like remote control capability and quiet operation, ductless mini-splits are definitely top-of-the-line when it comes to convenience.
- Responsibility: As mentioned above, ductless mini-splits use less energy than traditional HVAC systems. In addition to reducing operation costs, this means they are better for the environment—allowing you to save money, stay comfortable, and remain responsible at the same time.
- Health: It is unavoidable that various dust and debris will collect in your air ducts over time. When your HVAC system is in use, it can spread these particulates around, potentially making life more difficult for those with allergies and respiratory issues. For this reason, switching to a ductless mini-split may reduce the amount of irritants in your air, so everyone in your household can breathe easier and feel better.