There is no wrong time to schedule an electrical inspection. At Service Today!, we understand firsthand that the world has felt crazy lately. However, if you have been experiencing electrical issues in your home, it is a good idea to call our skilled electricians for an electrical safety inspection ASAP. With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to affect people across the country, many individuals are still working from home, and spending more time indoors overall. We know that you’re probably already taking additional safety measures, but for the sake of yourself and everyone in your household, it is essential to make sure your electrical system is safe, too. You may want to contact Service Today! to check for the following electrical issues:
- Outdated Electrical Panels: Did you know that many homes constructed through the 1950s-‘80s were made with Federal Pacific Electric and Zinsco electrical panels? The panels made by these companies were later found out to be prone to potentially dangerous malfunctions, even causing shocking and electrical fires in some cases. If you live in an older home, you should definitely have your electrical system inspected to make sure you are not using an unsafe and outdated electrical panel. Some houses with these panels will not even pass an inspection, so whether you are buying or selling, it’s also a good idea to call for an inspection if you’re planning on entering the real estate market.
- Wiring Wear & Tear: The truth is that all homes’ wiring eventually experiences some wear and tear, but that’s just one reason it’s a good idea to have your wiring inspected. If you have ever had a pest problem, there’s a chance those unwanted critters have chewed through parts of your wiring. Also, if you live in an older home, it may be hard for your wiring to keep up with your modern electrical needs. Hire our skilled electricians at Service Today! to determine whether your wiring is completely safe and operational.
- Security Lighting Problems: Your lighting is just not something you want to quit on you out of the blue. If you have been having an issue with security lighting or your larger indoor/outdoor lighting system, call our electricians to make sure everything is wired correctly and ready to work when you need it to.
- Poor Condition of Outlets & Wall Switches: Wall switches and outlets that are not in good condition are more than an aesthetic issue. External issues with these components may belie deeper wiring issues, which can even cause fires and shocking if you are not careful.
- Installation of Proper AFCIs and GFCI Outlets: Your property requires both AFCI and GFCI outlets to function. It is important to hire an electrician to make sure you have the right amount of each type.
- Faulty Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms: The last thing you want when you’re stuck at home for long periods of time is smoke and carbon monoxide alarms that don’t work. As you already know, your smoke alarm alerts you to potential fires, and makes sure you are not at risk for smoke inhalation. CO alarms, meanwhile, make sure you are not exposed to colorless, odorless, tasteless, and flammable gas that may not only make your house a fire hazard, but can poison people over long or short periods of time.
- Overall State of Electrical System: From ceiling fans to surge protectors, by calling for a comprehensive inspection, you will able to get an analysis of the overall state of your electrical equipment, and any important changes you need to make to your system.
To schedule an appointment, just call (888) 998-2032 now, or contact us online.