Indoor Air Quality Testing Services
If you suffer from allergies or have respiratory symptoms, poor indoor air quality may be the cause. Pollution isn’t just an outdoor problem. In fact, some pollutants can be up to 5x more concentrated in your home than they are outside (according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency).
Fortunately, Service Today provides indoor air quality testing near you. Conveniently based in St. Paul, MN, we work with homeowners throughout the Twin Cities area.
The Importance of Indoor Air Quality
Air quality issues in your home are worrisome when considering fumes from combustion appliances, chemicals from household cleaning products, and tobacco smoke. Off-gassing from carpeting and upholstery, deteriorating asbestos insulation, and even excess moisture can affect indoor air quality, or IAQ. Pollution from outside can impact your home as well, including pesticides and radon. Pollutants can get in through open windows, poor weatherstripping, and holes in heating & air conditioning ducts. Modern homes are well-insulated to improve heating & air conditioning efficiency. The downside to this is that structures are so well-sealed that pollution stays trapped inside. With poor IAQ, viruses, bacteria, and mold spores can be more prevalent and concentrated. The risk of illness, increased allergies, and long-term health impacts are higher. Some chemicals can even contribute to the risk of respiratory illness, heart disease, and cancer.
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Testing
Using an indoor air quality monitor lets us determine what contaminants are present, in what concentrations. We can then determine the source of problem and the best remediation strategies.
With thorough indoor air quality testing, we can address matters such as:
- Health: Determining the source of allergens, chemicals, and toxic compounds allows us to take measures that lead to improved breathing, sleep, and comfort. Cleaner air can contribute to improved mood, productivity, and well-being.
- Safety: We can identify carbon monoxide, which can be deadly, and volatile organic compounds that can impact your health. Some IAQ issues may even point to equipment problems associated with a fire or explosion risk.
- Comfort: Cleaner indoor air can allow you to relax and rest easy. We don’t know the source of dust, dirt, and contamination until we test your air; then we can address any issues present.
- Odors: Many air pollutants cause unpleasant odors. Examples include musty odors from mold, foul odors from rodents and insects in ductwork (and their waste), and smells that originate from AC and heating equipment problems.
- Efficiency: Contaminated ductwork can circulate pollution throughout your home several times a day, and into major heating & air conditioning components. The system must then work harder. Air quality testing and mitigation can therefore improve performance and reduce utility bills.
Service Today’s Indoor Air Quality Services
Our licensed technicians specialize in thorough indoor air quality assessments. They’ll recommend the appropriate solutions based on their findings. To correct IAQ problems in your home, we can provide:
- Whole House Humidifiers: Prevent dry air that can reduce comfort, contribute to respiratory issues, and cause your heating & air conditioning system to run inefficiently.
- Air Filtration Systems: HEPA filters trap 99.97% of particulates, while electrostatic filters charge, bind, and remove small particulates from the air.
- Air Exchangers: Deliver fresh air from outside so you have cleaner air to breathe, remove allergens and irritants, and help manage indoor humidity levels.
- Duct Cleaning: Eliminates dust, dirt, and particles from paper, wood, plastic, and more. In addition to reducing respiratory and other symptoms, it can improve airflow and efficiency.
- UV and Ozone Air Sanitizers: Can eliminate nearly all biological airborne contaminants, including mold and mildew, bacteria, viruses, and other microbes, without harsh chemicals.
Contact Us Today
At Service Today, our indoor air quality experts can address your comfort, safety, and health concerns related to IAQ. From complete indoor air quality testing to duct cleaning, to installing the latest air filtration and sanitizing systems, you can expect high-quality, professional service. Request an appointment online or call (888) 519-8550 to get started.