Boost Indoor Air Quality with a Whole House Humidifier
At Service Today!, we’re committed to providing your home with the best climate control solutions on the market. No matter what the outside weather is like, you can experience total comfort. But this takes more than having a high-quality, efficient heating and cooling system. It’s important to control humidity levels at home, which our HVAC technicians can help you do with a whole house humidifier, a more versatile and convenient system than portable units.
How Does a Whole House Humidifier Work?
The best indoor humidity levels are between 30% and 50%; anything higher or lower can be harmful to your health and property. The humidifier accesses water via the cold-water supply line and evaporates it before injecting it into the air. There are different types, but all use the same general process, using an evaporator pad or other water collection medium, and blowing air to allow evaporation of water. A solenoid or float valve controls water flow while a humidistat controls the indoor humidity level.
Types of whole house humidifiers include:
- Evaporative: Adds moisture to dry air as it leaves the furnace.
- Bypass: Redirects air from the furnace via a bypass duct on the supply or return duct.
- Powered: Water is pulled across the humidifier pad by a fan, which improves moisture distribution.
- Flow-Through: Connected to the furnace’s hot air supply, it absorbs moisture from an evaporator pad and drains freshwater away.
- Reservoir: Contains water in a reservoir, which is used to moisten a rotating drum.
- Steam: Heats water to create steam, which is injected into airflow from the furnace.
Why Do I Need a Whole House Humidifier?
A whole home humidification system is beneficial during any season of the year, in any climate. They’re advantageous over portable humidifiers that don’t have humidity sensors and can’t automatically adjust. Portable units also require more cleaning and maintenance, don’t last as long, and aren’t as energy efficient. The benefits of a whole house system include:
- Automatically adjust to maintain adequate humidity levels.
- Decreased allergy symptoms.
- Reduced susceptibility to viruses.
- Relief from dry skin, itching, and acne.
- Better quality sleep with less coughing/snoring.
- Don’t need to be refilled with water.
- Protection for wood floors, tables, chairs, doors, musical instruments, etc.
- Improved comfort at a lower thermostat setting, saving on utility bills.
- Reduced static electricity.
- Healthier houseplants.
Schedule Whole House Humidifier Installation in Dallas
If the air in your home is dry, anyone in your household suffers from allergies or dry skin, or you have sensitive wood furniture and other belongings, you can benefit from a whole house humidifier. Dallas is known for its humid subtropical climate. That doesn’t mean there will be ample humidity in your home. Having precise humidity control is essential. Committed to your well-being and satisfaction, Service Today! can provide just the solution you need. Call (888) 409-9784 to learn more.