Will your valuable electronics be damaged beyond repair if you are hit with an electrical surge? Will you have to replace valuable equipment? Will you have to be without your computers, TVs, sound systems, and other electrical items? Our customers in the Twin Cities area ask us these and other pressing electrical questions regularly.
As part of our comprehensive electrical care, Service Today offers GFCI, AFCI, and Whole-Home Surge Protection services. GFCIs and AFCIs are important electrical safety devices, while Whole-Home Protection is the only full-proof method of stopping a damaging surge in its tracks. There’s nothing to fear when you install the right protective gear from Service Today!
Lightning, problems with the electric company’s equipment, large appliances such as refrigerators, dryers, and air-conditioners, turning power on and off, downed power lines, and faulty wiring are just a few of the things that cause power surges.
A simple lightning strike can send a 200,000amp power jolt down your electric line and turn anything from your coffeemaker to your Xbox 360 into a magnet. Any device that gets plugged into your electrical system is at risk.
This includes all of your expensive electrical devices: computers, printers, televisions, sound systems, refrigerators, dishwashers, air conditioners, stoves, washers, dryers, garage door openers, alarm systems, microwaves, and telephones.
If an electrical surge were to happen today, are all of your electronics protected? Take a few minutes to walk through your home and check if your expensive electronics are protected from surges. While plug-in surge protectors can help, they are often unreliable. For the best protection, it’s recommended that you have an electrician install whole-home surge protection.
These items protect your electronics from very minor surges that can happen in your home every day. An example of a common minor electrical surge is when multiple electronic items are turned on at the same time. However, surge outlets and power strips have a limited lifetime and will start to fail after awhile. Chances are you won’t know that outlet or power strip has failed until it’s too late. Plus, they do not protect against large power surges!
It only takes one strong power surge to destroy your many valuable electronic devices; so don’t wait until it is too late! Contact Service Today today; we provide the safety services necessary to protect your home, your appliances, and your wallets.